The 340B conference you cannot afford to miss
Ten days after Donald Trump is sworn in as President, more than 1,000 340B stakeholders will gather in San Francisco for one of their most important meetings ever – the 13th Annual 340B Coalition Winter Conference.
In addition to our usual educational sessions including recent trends in audit findings, new compliance challenges/solutions, and new federal and state Medicaid policies and their impact on 340B stakeholders, the significance of the election will be threaded through the content of the entire conference.
Life in a Post-ACA World. President-elect Trump and the GOP-controlled Congress want to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act. Not only are stakeholders eager to learn how this will impact the 20 million Americans who have gained health insurance, the ACA also included the expansion of 340B to rural providers and as well a number of measures to increase oversight over the 340B program.
What will happen to?
- rural and cancer hospitals new to 340B?
- increased mandatory discounts for brand and generic drugs?
- drug manufacturer financial penalties?
- new mandatory administrative dispute process to resolves disputes between providers and industry?
- the 340B ceiling price secure website?
- Medicaid expansion?
- health insurance mandates, exchanges, and subsidies?
- health center expansion?
- 340B legislation. The drug industry has been working on a 340B reform bill. Will it be public by February? How would it change 340B? How about the bipartisan bill that would restore discounts for rural and free-standing cancer hospitals on orphan drugs used for common diseases?
- Anger about high drug prices. Three out of four Americans want the president and Congress to make the high cost of prescription drugs their top healthcare priority. Will we see legislation?
This all comes at a time when the 340B community has been eagerly anticipating the final version of HRSA’s 340B program mega-guidance.
Will the final guidance be out by February? How would entities implement new rules on:
- patient definition?
- eligible drugs?
- eligible locations?
- duplicate discounts?
- manufacturer responsibilities?
Whether you are a health care provider, contract pharmacy, pharmaceutical manufacturer, 340B-oriented business, or government agency, attending the conference is the best way to be informed about 340B.
We look forward to seeing you in February!
Who Should Attend
- Pharmacists and clinic directors at institutions providing care to low-income and uninsured populations
- Pharmaceutical manufacturers, distributors, and group purchasing organizations
- Pharmacy service companies and information technology firms
- Retail, chain, specialty pharmacies, and other businesses that contract with 340B entities
- State Medicaid pharmacy directors and drug assistance program managers
- Pharmacy benefit managers/administrators, and other health plans
- Consultants, attorneys, and other compliance experts
- Federal, state, and local policy makers and government relations directors
- AIDS drug assistance program officials and AIDS service organizations
- Other providers of health care for the uninsured and vulnerable populations
Continuing Education Credits for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians Available!
Don't miss out! This is a great chance for all pharmacy service companies, pharmaceutical manufacturers, health insurance plans, IT companies, wholesalers, GPOs, and law/consulting firms to promote your company's services and products in an intimate and relaxed setting. Hundreds of pharmacists and other clinicians, hospital and health center executives, federal, state and local government officials, GPO's, wholesalers, drug company decision makers and other leading health care professionals will be attending this conference. The exhibit area is designed to ensure a high level of traffic that will enable your company to maximize its marketing investment. There are many exciting exhibition options as well as opportunities to promote your services on our website. More information on becoming an exhibitor will be available sooon, but in the meantime, please contact Lee-Anne Gabrielli at (202) 552-5856 if you have any questions.
21st Annual 340B Coalition Conference
The 21st Annual 340B Coalition Conference will be held at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, DC on July 10-12, 2017.
Please check www.340bsummerconference.org for more information or sign up for our conference notification list below to be notified about all 340B Coalition conferences.
If you would like to be notified of future conferences on the 340B program, please create an account to be added to our mailing list. Please note that previous attendees at events hosted by The 340B Coalition or 340B Health, 340B Health members/corporate partners, and subsribers to 340B Informed do not need to sign up.